Thursday, January 24, 2008

Totally Different, But Fun

"Country Bluebird"
16" x 12" Oil on Canvas Panel

So, this is what I've been working on this week! Lynne helped me find the photo, and gave me great color direction. I still need some help finishing up the weeds, but all in all, I think it turned out quite nicely. It's very different from what I've been painting - very structured and much more detailed. I might try a series of bird paintings - who knows?

I'm still working on getting rid of all my "stuff" from the shop. It all should be gone by next Wednesday, and then I'm FREE!

Thanks for looking -- let me know what you think!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!We think it is your best yet and we were already impressed. Love The Lukes

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Love it We see many bluebirds here on the fence but I have not been able to get a close up of one. This blackbird was one that came to our feeder, I was able to get a good shot, and of course, we have plenty of pasture here.