Sunday, January 13, 2008

If Wishes were Horses.....

"Turnpike Palms"
8" x 10" Oil on Canvas Panel

I remember my mother saying to me, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride!". She said it a lot, because I was always wishing for things, or for things to change. I don't think that I've learned much about wishing in the last several years of my life.

Right now, I'm wishing that the next few weeks were over! My business is closing (which is great for me), and that means lots of work to tie up all the loose ends and get rid of all the "stuff", and packing away all the business "stuff". This is work that I really don't want to do! I just want it all to magically be done! But, since there is no way around it, I will do it!

I've spent the last 5 years trying to make all my customers happy, and to give them a great deal at a great price. But, in the end, I still made some of them very unhappy. For this, I am truly sorry, but there is nothing I can do to make it up -- my business will be over on Monday. It is done!

Maybe, then, I'll be able to get back to painting! The above painting is from a photo I took on the Florida Turnpike at a rest area -- pretty palms up against a building. I'm trying to find something to paint today -- probably another Rainbow River scene.


No comments: