Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Good Day!

"On the Banks of the Withlacoochee"
8" x 10" Oil on Canvas Panel

I'm finally a retired person! Everything from the shop is gone (except for a few bills), and for the first time in a really long time, I only have 2 keys on my keyring: car and home !!!! How sweet it is!

And, today, the sun was shining - and it was in the 70's -- just my kind of day! I did manage to go out and shoot a couple of pictures to paint - including the one above. This part of Florida has an abundance of these enormous Live Oak trees - huge trunks, twisting limbs and beautiful "wingspan". They are also home to a lot of spanish moss, which can eventually take the tree over and kill them!

Also, today, I recieved in the mail 3 DVDs from Elin Pendleton, on her Color System. I really love her style of painting, and her teaching technique is just wonderful! I hope someday to go to one of her "Color Boot Camp" workshops.

So, all in all, a pretty good day, yes?

No comments: