Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kathleen and Lauri

I know you all must be getting really tired of seeing these - but I'm afraid it's all I'm doing right now! My goal is to make a girl for every letter in the alphabet, and I'm not even half way there!

I did discover that I like it when I use a friend or family member as a muse. So Kathleen was made for my friend who takes care of my dog, Barney, whenever I need it. She used to have her own shop - "The Barktique" - here in Dunnellon when I first moved here. She's just a delight, and writes a column for the local weekly paper. I don't know what I would do without her to take care of Barney - he loves her, and it makes me happy to know that he's very well taken care of!

And, I also like the idea of giving these pieces to the person that inspired them! It certainly is better than having a ton of them take up space in my studio!




The minister of my church, Lauri Gist, was my subject for this one. She is the most calm, pleasant and loving person I know. She has helped me in ways that she doesn't even know - so I thought I would dedicate a girl to her - and I'll be giving it to her soon.


7 comments:

Michele Oliver said...

Great job! I never get tired of seeing your ladies. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I am NOT tired of them either! keep on working, you have to see where they are taking you, and they will let you know when they are finished.

Valerie

Autumn Leaves said...

I love hearing how you are inspired by your friends and family. How sweet to give these girls to their namesakes! Love Jenny's red hair from last post!

cmcscraps said...

Love your girls, very inspiring and can't wait to see more. Can't wait to get working on my girls, I have been busy doing the 3 hearts workshop and waiting for SHEART2.

Barbra Joan said...

oh Nancy , these are too cute... You should be selling prints of these... really,,,remember the prints you used to do with your paintings? BJ

kat said...

Thanks Nancy! What an honor!!!~!!

Tricia said...

I really love your work and I think it is great how you are dedicating each one to a special person. What a wonderful idea!

Blessings,
Tricia