Friday, March 5, 2010

Tulip Tree

7" x10" Watercolor
This is my first entry into the blog: The Twenty Minute Challenge
The challenge is to draw and paint something in twenty minutes. This tulip tree sits in my front yard - planted by some former owner. It's always kind of puny, and doesn't get too many leaves on it - but it does produce a few flowers in early spring! It was an interesting exercise - the timer went off way too soon! There was so much more tweaking to do! I challenge you all to do it!

2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Looks good Nancy, yes just what I need ... another ' Challenge' in my life. LOL!

Autumn Leaves said...

And yet this still shows your own unique hand, Nancy. So lovely, truly. There is a deceptive simplicity to this, as well. Rather gorgeous, if I daresay so. And all in 20 minutes? Fabulous!!