Thursday, March 25, 2010

Old Plantation

12" x 16" Watercolor
My friend and nail tech, Karen, asked me if I would paint this for her. It's an old plantation in Southern Georgia that she and her fiance pass by on their way to the hunting cabin. It's fallen into bad shape over the years, and the owner lives in a trailer next door. When people stop their cars to take pictures, she comes out with her shotgun and sends them on their way! Anyway, it was fun to paint, even though I don't like the way I paint buildings. I gave it to her this morning as a wedding present. And, she loved it!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'd love it too, Nancie! This is stunning!! I personally love the way you paint buildings!

Barbra Joan said...

So whats not to like? good painting, good composition. I like the way you put the focal on the one-third . Geez, your getting good!!