Today in Pat's class we did a little experimenting. She brought in several black & white photos, blown up to 8x10's. We took little squares of paper and found interesting shapes in the photos - then we painted them, using our own colors, and adding or subtracting anything we wanted. I found this to be quite interesting - I think it will be a way for me to start branching out into abstracts, without having to come up with my own composition (that's always the hard part for me!). Yesterday, I tried another pour - I wanted to make a lightning sky -- but it just didn't work as well as the flower. Again, I think it was my lack of coming up with a good design. I'll try something else later!