Sunday, March 21, 2010

Acrylics Texture Class

This was a very fun class! Our instructors were Carlynne Hershberger and Kelli Money Huff. These wonderful ladies were very instrumental in my success as an artist! They first helped me conquer oils, and later started me off in watercolor. Lately, they've been creating some of the most fabulous texture pieces with acrylics -- I hope you'll go to their blog and check them out!

Here, Kelli was explaining all the different textures that were used in her "Tide Pool" pieces. There's gesso, sand, gel, glass beads and crackle medium. They had already prepared textured canvas boards for us (since it takes so long for the texture mediums to dry) - and we got to pick out an 8"x 8" and a 5" square. Then they took us through the painting - adding textures with tissue and other things, as well as glueing on papers, glass, beads, shells -- almost anything that you can think of! They helped us keep on track and simplify - and I must tell you - everyone had pieces that were simply gorgeous! Can't wait to do more! Yes, of course, I bought more stuff!


Here are my pieces from today. I still have a little more work that I want to do, but not much! I've entitled these "Mixed Messages" - since they both have pieces of paper with words on them. Really, had a blast!


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Goodness! Those pieces came out so lovely, Nancy. I love the bit of bleeding red into the yellows and addition of the printed word. It is always exciting to see what you do next!

Katrinshine said...

Good work) Belli quadri.