Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here I Go!

"To the Beach!"
9" x 12" Oil on Canvas Panel

After many years of quilting and many months of knitting, I decided to pick up a paintbrush and learn to paint with oil! And, of course, along with that I decided to learn to BLOG! Here goes.....



It all started innocently enough with a trip with some friends to a fun Antique Shop/Art Boutique. We met a lady who gives lessons in the "Bob Ross" style of oil painting, so 4 of us went and took a lesson. Now, I'm one of those people who say, "I don't have any talent, so I can't _______ (fill in the blank!) -- but once my brush hit the canvas, I was a goner!



So, after a few landscapes, I figured it was time to learn more -- a read a lot of books, and finally found a couple of angels - instructors at my local art supply store (They're even published, for cryin' out loud!) They invited me to join their weekly workshop, with many talented (there's that word again!) artists who create beautiful things in many different mediums. What a godsend!


I hope you will peek in from time to time and watch my progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I'm not sure when you found the time, but the pictures are awesome! I'd say the one of the beach scene on Dec 16th is my favorite. I even love the one of the 'rocks'. I didn't know that you had it in you. My 'talented' (there's that word again LOL) friend. Cheryl