Monday, December 17, 2007

Ahhh - Inspiration!

Lakeside Park #1
12 x 16 Oil on Canvas Board

Great workshop today! One of the biggest challenges for me as a painter, is to have plenty of Inspiration -- so that I can always find something to paint. We're advised to always take our own pictures -- never to copy someone else's photos or paintings.

So, now that I'm excited and determined to do just that -- where is the Inspiration? Right now, Dunnellon is flat and brown, and the only photos I've been able to take are at the Rainbow River, where all the trees are dead looking and covered with moss! Even the sunlight is different this time of the year.

The painting above came from a series of photos I took over Thanksgiving when we were in North Palm Beach with Bill's daughter Cathy & her husband, Eric. This park was just a few blocks away from their home, on the Intercoastal Waterway. I got maybe 3 decent photos that would make good paintings - and I'm working on #2 now. Then what????

So, I'm sending out an SOS to all my friends and family -- PLEASE -- if you have any great photos that you think would make great paintings (preferably landscapes - maybe a few buildings - but no people), could you send them my way? Please comment if you would be willing to help!

One of the other artists in my group today promised me that we would go on a field trip in January to get some new shots!! And, she seems to know just where to go - so I am anxious for that to happen. In the meantime, I'm going to have to turn this house upside down and try to find any photos I might have!

Wish me luck!


No comments: