Saturday, January 15, 2011

More Practice

So, while I was waiting for my Robert Burridge DVD's to come, I practiced on a couple more flowers and pear. Then, the video came yesterday - and I had a whole new bunch of practice pieces to do! They started like this:

Paint splattered all over a little sheet of gessoed watercolor paper - throw in some drops of alcohol and let it dry.


Then, go in and paint everything that isn't a floral bouquet! Granted, these could use more work, but the whole idea behind this is to start your creative juices flowing. Work fast, using only a few colors. Below is the first one I did with this technique - so it's a little off kilter, and not a very pleasing shape. But, hey, it sure was fun!





2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gorgeous reds in that last piece and you even captured the bouquet/vase shadow! Awesome, Nancy! And these do look like so much fun!!

Joyfulartist said...

These are so much fun. I've been doing them, too but now I'm in a watercolor workshop and have to put the acrylics aside for a few days. Keep posting, I'm loving what you are doing.