Friday, January 7, 2011

Bird Watching


After watching a PBS painting show recently, I was moved to try my hand at painting some birds! Neither one turned out exactly as I wanted them to, but I really like painting birds!



I had purchased this little book on bird watching (that was published in 1955) from the library book store for 50 cents. It's such a sweet little book, with little paintings of all the different birds for people to look for. The previous owners of the book, had labeled all the birds that they had found, and where they saw them. So, I used a few of the birds in the book as inspiration. What fun!

2 comments:

K Marie Peikert said...

There just lovely...

Autumn Leaves said...

I think these are both lovely pieces, Nancy. I especially love the background colors in the second piece. Great work!