Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 2 - Encaustic


Man, I wish I could take a class on this medium!  I decided to do a whole piece using collage.  First, I thought I could use one of my painted tissue papers for the background, but I had a hard time getting it to stick down.  Could be because it was painted with acrylic paint.  So, I used a Tim Holtz tissue paper - it worked better.  Then used a napkin for the flowers - napkins are the best!  They go right down and stick!  The bird is from a download, then copied on my printer.  It did ok, but still didn't stick the way I wanted it to.

Today, my son came over and cut up a few pieces of plywood that I had -- so now I have lots of practice boards to play with!  I also ordered a new DVD on encaustic.  Hopefully soon, I'll understand how to use this stuff!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think it is very beautiful, Nancy!

Nancy Eaton said...

Thank you for all your kind words! I checked out the two blogs you told me about -- thanks so much for that! Both are amazing, and I'll be visiting them regularly!

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like your collage encaustics. I may have to try some of that too. I think anything that's covered with the wax has such a beautiful effect.