Sunday, August 26, 2012

CitraSolv Play

 
 
Since we're supposed to get rain for the next few days, curtesy of Isaac, I decided to play with the CitraSolv technique today.  This must be done either outdoors, or in a well ventilated place (I used my garage with the door up).  I've been researching this via YouTube - but you never know what you'll get till you try it!  I learned that it needs to be on longer than 20 minutes, and if you can't separate the pages - and leave them alone till the outsides are dry, you get another interesting effect on the middle pages -- it turns very pale with a lot of big white circles!  Anyway, here are a couple of before and afters for you:
Two page spread before
 

And, after

Beautiful and colorful before

And after - it still retains the color, just not quite so bright.

I also saw on YouTube that nothing else does it - you have to use CitraSolv.  If you live in a large city, you can probably find it in a health food store or Whole Foods - but if you're like me and live in a small town, you will have to send off for it through Amazon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely painting! I have painted today, as well! Come and have a peek at my blog if you'd like to see it!




thanks for sharing



ciao bella
sensible sarah