Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Day!

 
 
 
Over the weekend, I received my new copy of Somerset Studio Magazine.  In it, I found a fab article about Kayann Ausherman - she contributed some collage pieces using Edgar Allan Poe as the muse.  In her collages, she used backgrounds made using CitraSolv on National Geographic magazine pages!  Maybe you have heard of this, but I hadn't!  So, of course, I sent off for some CitraSolv, and also went to her Etsy shop, and purchase some sheets from her.  I love the way they look!
 
If you look in the upper left/central part of this collage that I did today in Art Club, you can see how it looks.  I think it will be fun to make my own - can't wait for the CitraSolv to get here!
 


And while I was waiting for things to dry on the journal page, I started another canvas.  This one using Flora Bowley's techniques.  Right now, I've just thrown on color, and have outlined the shapes that I want to use -- next, I'll work in and around those shapes, and hopefully when I'm finished it will be beautiful!  We'll see.....



1 comment:

Barbra Joan said...

Yes, it WILL be beautiful.
You are so creative Nancy. I love how you do collages..
Not painting or creating right now .. worried about the storm. I live in a mobile home.. Yikes!
see you later. BJ