Friday, June 22, 2012

What Is Your Story?


Today, I made a double page in my journal.  I love how this process unfolds!  When I started, I wasn't sure what it would be about.  After I laid down the initial paint and some texture, I decided that it needed some photographs.


So, I went to my photo program - initially to print off some landscapes or some other scenery.  But, these girls caught my eye.  I painted these when I was in Sharon Tomlinson's online class.  I edited them to be black and white, then printed them and sprayed them with fixative.  Then, I collaged them on.  Still wasn't sure what exactly the theme was to be.


Well, I've started writing the story of my life and family - what it was like growing up in the 50's and 60's. (I read a "Dear Abby" column that the older generation should do this for our kids and grandkids)  So, once I saw these girls, it made me wonder just what their story would be!

1 comment:

Joyfulartist said...

You are having lots of fun! Those are wonderful little pages, don't you love the way the ideas come?

I finally got the transfer process to work on gessoed paper. I haven't completed the project, though.