Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hard at Work!



I've been busy this week - making 3 sizes of fabric bowls, fabric coasters, art prints and these latest bookmarks. The one on top is what the backs of all of them look like.  I'm planning to take another trip to Mt. Dora next week and add to my stock at Hart & Soul Gallery.  The website is up - go take a look!  This time, I'm taking my husband along -- I swear, if we had found Mt. Dora when we were looking for a place to live in Florida, I'm sure that we would have ended up there!

I'll be going back in July, when Haley is here visiting.  Part of me wants to be busy making more stuff (that means that things are selling) - but another part of me just wants to have fun with Haley and not work so hard!

In other news, I was so excited that I sold an original watercolor painting on Etsy last week.  But, after I had spent the money that I made, I was notified by the buyer that she had decided not to buy it after all!  It was for a gift for someone who no longer wants it.  So, she wanted to know if she could just return it unopened.  Of course, I said yes -- what else could I do?  But, she'll have to pay shipping both ways, and I won't refund her money till it's back in my hands.

Unfortuantely, it's made me rethink having a shop on Etsy.  I know I'm overreacting, since all my other sales have gone smoothly and the feedback has been so positive.  But, I'm happy that  at Hart & Soul, once it sold, it's gone!

1 comment:

Joyfulartist said...

It looks like you put a lot of work and thought into your bookmarks. I can imagine that it was disappointing to be asked about returning a painting. I'd be bummed out. Perhaps a little notice that all sales are final on your etsy sight will curtail impulse buys.