Sunday, June 17, 2012

Down Another Rabbit Hole!


So, last evening, I was playing around with Pinterest, and found the blog of Donna Downey.  Now, I had heard of her before - through Christy Tomlinson, Somerset and others.  But I was not prepared for what I found on her blog!

Every Wednesday, she has a video called "Inspiration Wednesdays".  In this video, she starts with a blank journal page - and just dives in!  I was mesmerized watching her bring her pages to life.  I love her style, and saw so many things that I could develop in my own paintings.  So I watched probably about 6 or 7 videos and then it was time for bed.  Of course, I couldn't shut my brain off, so 2 hours later I'm still wide awake, trying to figure out what I could practice with in the morning!

Today, I go into the studio, and start making such a mess of this, thinking that maybe I'm just not cut out to be an artist!  I sat down and started watching some more of her videos, and finally figured out how to save this piece.  Some of it is blatant copying, but more than that, it was learning so many new things, my head is still spinning!

1 comment:

Joyfulartist said...

Thanks a lot! She was fun to watch.