Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yesterday was a Good Day!


So, the first good thing that happened was I went to the mailbox, and found a package from my good friend, Gretchen (who lives in Houston).  She had collected these wonderful papers for me from a friend of hers who does origami.  How cool is this!


Then, last night, I went to another Friday Night Painting Party put on by Carlynne and Kelli (aka Hershberger/Huff).  We learned how to make  altered books!  For this book, I decided to do a theme based on my journey of living in 6 different states - the first one being Kansas, where I was raised, got married and gave birth twice.



This book was a children's board book, but there are many other ways to use other kinds of books.  So, when I get this one finished, I just might do another one with more texture, and not so much collage.  We'll see.

3 comments:

Joyfulartist said...

Love it! What an interesting class.

Barbra Joan said...

Hey Nancy, neat papers and great book ,, love it.. BJ

valerie dowdy said...

stsintI took an altered book class a few months back. I have not finished mine yet. But found the class so much fun and meditative!
I have missed hearing from you Nancy.
Take Care and keep creating!

Valerie
My View From 1502