Monday, October 31, 2011

City Lights


12" x 12" Acrylic on textured canvas

Last week, I recived my new copy of Somerset Studio.  In it, is a little article about using Purple, Turquoise, Mustard and Black.  I thought it was intriguing, so I tried a little painting with those colors.  The article was by Dina Wakley, by the way - and she also used a lot of white.  I'm still not satisfied with my abstracts yet - much more practice to do!

In other news, I'm starting a new class soon -  "Faces in Collage" by Sharon Tomlinson!  I'm kinda scared (I usually am!) cause faces are so new to me, but I'm gonna give it my best try!  Also this month, I'm taking another online course from Christy Tomlinson (no relation to Sharon) - this one on SheArt2 - doing more with the girls!   I think I'm starting to love taking online classes - they never end, they are forever on your computer - and you can do it at your own pace.  I'm sure that I'll be posting soon with new paintings from these classes!


Oh, and just so you know, I did receive the Birthday Flowers from my hubby, and they are gorgeous!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy,
I like the colors in this one very much.
I also am taking a workshop on a new method tomorrow after work. Altered Book Art. I have never attempted this genre of art before, so I am kind of nervous too.
Online art courses...something to think about.

Anonymous said...

Your classes sound like a fun time! Love the linear aspects of this abstract and the colors are wonderful!