Sunday, August 28, 2011

Two More!

"Emily" - 9'x 12" Mixed Media


"Francine" - 9" x 12" Mixed Media


I finished watching all the videos of Christy Tomlinson's SheArt Workshop. It was so much fun, and I learned a lot of new fun things! Now, my goal is to try to figure out how to make these into MY original artwork. I'm always excited when I get to learn someone else's art processes, but then I feel like I'm just copying - and I really don't want to do that!

Also, Christy does her art on 6" x 12" canvases. I ordered some and they just came yesterday. So, the first two were done on 12" x 12" canvas, and I didn't like it -- too much background, girls too little. These were done on 9" x 12", and I like them better, but am anxious to try the smaller canvases.

One way that I have personlized these little girls is in the phrases. I've tried to come up with phrases that express me and my life. So, we'll see how the next phase goes. I might figure out a cool way to make it mine - or, I just might change it all together!



5 comments:

StampDancer said...

These are lovely! I enjoy seeing what you create in the future as it develops into your own style. I finished my first She-Art yesterday but I've only watched Week 1 videos so far. More to learn - isn't it fun?!

Michele Oliver said...

Love your she art girls. I have just completed the course and think they are so much fun. Yours are gorgeous.

Autumn Leaves said...

Just loving these textures and colors!

Karen :) said...

I absolutely LOVE these! Must try some! :)

Unknown said...

I posted after you on my blog yesterday Nancy, but was afraid you would not see it. I wanted to thank you again for always spurring on my waning spirits. I also wanted to thank you for inspiring me with your little girls. I think my ladies have developed of looking at your she art project. I am glad you found me and I enjoy looking at your blog very much.

Happy Painting and Happy Accidents to you today!
Valerie
(view from 1502)