Saturday, August 13, 2011

Domino Pendant Starts



I must have been living under a rock, cause I had never heard of this fab craft! I happened to see it on Art Play Today, and instantly started researching! Most of what I saw deals with stamping, alcohol inks and lots of other stuff that I don't have (and can't get till I go to Ocala) - so I thought, "what the heck" - and started playing with my hand painted tissue paper. And, I love it! I can still stamp on top, if I want, or leave it as is. I still need to go to Ocala tomorrow to get the jewelry finds to finish - and they need a coat of gloss gel, but I was so excited, I just had to show them to you! And, I'm happy that I've found yet another thing to do with all the painted tissue paper I have!

4 comments:

Art Play Today said...

Nancy, thank you so much for mentioning my blog in your post. Your Domino's are beautiful! I like the idea of using the painted tissue paper! I hadn't thought of that! It's amazing what we can do with what we have on hand! Beautiful work! Thanks again!

Kristen

Autumn Leaves said...

Such a lovely idea and the colored tissue papers are exquisite on these pieces. Can't wait to see them finished!

Unknown said...

i agree!

Barbra Joan said...

YES, where have you been ???
I love this 'stuff' too.. and will go to Art Play blog, to check it out... Thanks Nanc. BJ