Sunday, July 10, 2011

Another rainy day...

12" x 16" Collage/Acrylic on Canvas


So, last night when I was trying to go to sleep, this painting appeared in my head. Well, kinda. Anyway, I got up and drew it so I would paint it today. Now, in my head, it was different colors, and not quite so stylized - more free-form. But, you know how it is - you get started, and the paint chooses itself, and I decided to actually use a ruler, and drew a real circle... so here you go.


And, when I showed it to my husband, he interpreted it as something religious - well, it is a cruciform composition - but I only saw shapes and colors! I don't even know what to title it - so far I've come up with "Pendant". That seems to fit. (Actually, it looks like an earring to me!)

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I really like this one, Nancy!