First, I tore shapes out of sheets of Crepe Paper. I attempted to do Iris - since that was her demo (and gorgeous, I might add!). These shapes were then attached with water to wet paper, along with some surgical gauze. While wet, I added color all over the paper, using yellows first, then adding green made up of different blues with various yellows. Then splattering on some Rose and Sienna. I'm using half sheets of 140 lb Cold Press Arches - she used Hot Press. Then, they were laid out in the sun to dry!
When they were dry, off came the crepe paper and the gauze. Believe it or not, I intended to make Iris' - but as I was negatively painting into the shapes, it became quite clear that instead of an Iris, I had a Butterfly! So, butterfly it is!
Now, I'm trying to find flower shapes for the rest of the painting - I've found a few, but I have a lot more to go! Hopefully, I'll be posting the finished painting in the next few days. Then, I just have to do it again to the companion piece! (Kinda feels like knitting that elusive second sock)! Stay tuned!