Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Beginning


Today in Pat's class we played with more crepe paper! This time, I used pink colored paper, torn into tulip shapes. Added all the other stuff and paint (but didn't add any paint onto the crepe paper, since the color of the paper fades onto the paper when wet. This is the first stage, after it dries and I take all the "stuff" off of it. Now, I have to find the flowers and leaves and other stuff and negative paint into it. Note: I wish I had put some color (maybe yellow) under the pink crepe paper to get some variation of color. But, I love the texture it gives, so I'm looking forward to working on this one.
Found out today that the painters are coming on Thursday to paint the inside of my house. I thought I would get a little more notice, but I guess it's ok - they'll be done by Saturday, so I will just have to take deep breaths and remain calm! I'm so anxious to get some color on my walls! We've lived in this house for 8 years - and the previous owners painted EVERYTHING (ceiling, walls, trim) the same color - kind of a light goldy beige. I've felt like I've been living in an apartment! I hope we don't go into shock once some color is up! You know I loves me some color! LOL

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh, I am quite jealous of you getting your house interior painted! We've lived here for close to two years and just haven't had the money yet to do the same. And it needs it. Some weird vinyl like paper covered drywall in this place. With lathe strips covering all the seams. It is awful! Anyway, love the colors of this piece and can't wait to see how you finish it!!