Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Flying High

15" x 22" Watercolor
Here is my finished painting with the Sue Connor technique. I was remembering yesterday that the mere mention of "negative painting" used to give me a queasy stomach - I was certain that it was something I would never be able to conquer! So, even though I'm not a master at it, I've discovered that I'm not quite so intimidated by it, either. I've started working on it's companion piece. It's not coming together quite so easily, but I've uncovered a few little "surprises" in it.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Honestly, Nancy...this is glorious! The colors and the movement are spring perfection.

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Great work here, I like it!

Eugenia Wadsworth Martin said...

Wow I really like how this turned out so soft and dreamy, fits the subject matter perfect.