Monday, June 1, 2009

Lighthouse and a Birthday

7" x 10" Watercolor
Last week, Pat told us to paint a Lighthouse for this week's class tomorrow. I really don't like to paint lighthouses, and had planned to take one that I painted last year -- but then in Marilee's class today, I found this image and decided to paint it. It's a little crooked, but I guess it's ok.
Today in class, we celebrated my friend, Donna's birthday! She's on the right. Another student, Mary Jean, is on the left. Several weeks ago, I gave everyone in class some watercolor cards and envelopes and asked them to paint a birthday card for Donna. So she received some lovely painted cards today! She cried! Success!

1 comment:

Barbra Joan said...

I really like this lighthouse painting, I think its excellent.
color, composition, (something I'm not good at) Sometimes we paint a subject we're not too in love with so we don't see the success.