Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rainbow Springs Canoe Dock

12" x 16" Watercolor

I'm in a very uncomfortable phase in my painting adventure. I hate the way I'm painting now. In my mind, I can see clearly what I want my art to become -- I just don't know how to get there!

This week has been a struggle -- class on Friday, Monday and today. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed, and at the same time inspired (to do something more)! I think that my problem has become that I only paint in class, and not anytime else just for me. I remember back in the beginning when I had no classes and I spent part of every day painting. I need to get back to that. I need to figure out how to get to where I want to go -- and I truly believe that it means getting out the paints and just painting - and then paint some more!


No comments: