Friday, February 1, 2013

It's a Gelli day!


 Well, first up, I have to show you some of my azaleas that I cut yesterday.  They are blooming about a month ahead of schedule!  Seems like there's a lot of that going around.  And, I've got to tell you about the cool "jar" that they're in.  I bought this at Mount Dora - the top of the jar is a lid filled with holes, so it's so easy to arrange flowers.  Love it!


Today Bill had an appointment with the VA in Gainesville, so I went along - dropped him off - and went shopping!  I had just received my Gelli Printing Plate, so I went to Michael's to try to find some cool stencils to use.

When I got back home, I watched several videos of an online class on Gelli printing by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer
Looks like so much fun!  And, she uses deli sheets (which I have a million of) - and those make great collage fodder.  Now, I just have to make a little run to get baby wipes for cleaning, and then I'll start mono-printing like mad!  I'll show you some that I make later.

1 comment:

Buncobuddy said...

Can't wait to see what you make on your first day with the Gelli plate -- I'm having a ball with mine!