Thursday, March 29, 2012

Breathe



6" x 6" x 1.5" Acrylic/Collage on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

This collage is a rescue of a canvas that I was trying to do something else with.  I had textured the canvas with gesso (actually 2 of them - they were supposed to be a set) and painted.  But, they just didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, so I gessoed over the paint and started over!

I glued down hand painted tissue paper, and then tore other papers to use for the palm tree.  Then, I added some paint here and there - and there you go!  It's different than what I've been doing, but it was fun!  And, while I love all the texture, it's hard to get the collage to glue down!  But, it gives it kind of a 3-D look!

3 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Wow Nancy, I just love the look of these, your very good at it/
I would love to learn this, right now I have other things on my mind and it's not art.
hugs, BJ

Joyfulartist said...

These have a really nice look to them. What a clever thing to do with canvases that didn't work out (I have a few of those). What are you using for glue? Are you protecting the papers with mat medium or varnish?

Nancy Eaton said...

I'm using Matte Medium for glue - but it probably would have been better to use Gloss Medium for the stubborn heavier papers. Then, just a coat of Matte Medium to protect.