Monday, January 11, 2010

Azalea Bloom

9" x 12" Watercolor
OMG! You would not believe how cold it was in painting class today! We have these classes at the art supply store nearby - they're located in a strip mall - and, they don't have heat in that building! Of course, ususally it's not this cold, so no problem. But, this extreme cold spell has turned that building into a meat locker! We all had our coats on for a very long time - and finally with all our hot air, it became somewhat livable.
Yikes! I'm so ready for it to get warmer! Weatherman says on Friday, it should be back into the 70's! YAY!

2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Nancy, your azalea bloom is just beautiful, your flower pieces get better all the time. I'm surprised you were able to paint at all with that cold room you were in.

Autumn Leaves said...

I love your painting style and this azalea is so lovely. I also like the bit of spattered dots you have across the painting. I've been seeing this technique on a few other watercolors and am intrigued by the overlaid effect of it. Just an extra bit of interest for my eyes!