Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Strange Day

 
So, today started off really good -- I looked at the calendar, and saw that I didn't have to leave the house for any reason!  Also, I'm all caught up on coasters, bowls and cards, so I didn't have to spend the day sewing.
 
Yay!  Studio Time!  But, when I went in there, all I could do is stand around -- absolutely nothing came into my mind to paint.  So, most of the day, I came and went - until finally, I read Donna Downey's blog post.  Like me, she's always said that she doesn't do faces.  But (like me), lately she's been thinking that maybe she wants to learn to paint faces.  So, she tried.
 
Isn't that what it's all about?  Trying.  So, I decided to make a couple of art journal pages using faces.  This is what the journal started like.  I used a couple of my gelli printed deli sheets for the backgrounds, and then cut out the faces from a book and collaged it all down.
 
 

 
I decided to keep it simple - mainly trying to get the face in.  Finally got the first one done this evening.  I'll work on the other one tomorrow.
 
 


1 comment:

Barbra Joan said...

This is so you... always trying new things, and this is a good one.. Nancy, you are truly an artist. Your mind 'works' like an artist. 'Don't stop now'
BJ