Saturday, November 10, 2012

Lost & Found


This is my first attempt after watching all the videos of "Act Natural" - an online workshop by Julie Prichard.  She has many more that I would like to attend, so I just have to keep making money in Mount Dora!!

This workshop is a lesson in Grunge -- making interesting naturals - making it look old and used - minimalistic, simple.  I can see that I need to work on my brush strokes more, and probably should have added many more layers.  But, all in all, it's exactly what I needed to take my artwork in another direction.  This painting is only 6" x 12", but it's encouraged me to start working larger.



2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Thank you for the mention, Nancy! You will be able to expand on these skills so much now that you have watched all the videos. I am happy to know you are enjoying the program!

Julie Prichard said...

...and I really love this painting!