Sunday, December 26, 2010

Peace

12" x 12" Acrylic with Collage
Here is my latest attempt at fluid acrylic with collage. I received an intructional DVD from Ann Baldwin last week. She makes it look so easy! I'm discovering that abstracts often take on a life of their own. This one started out in my mind as simple, pale blue and silver, and ethereal. Well, what happened!? I think it became a much stronger statement - becoming bolder and more activist-like. Those darned fluid acrylics! They're so much fun to play with, I just couldn't stop adding color! Oh well, it is what it is - and, I learned a lot from this piece.

2 comments:

Joyfulartist said...

Oh, I know! Abstracts I start rarely come out like my original thumbnail idea. They do sort of grow, and I think they are harder than they look. You have a really nice result, I love the colors and symbols.

Barbra Joan said...

Absolutely Nancy,, starts out as one thing and WHAT ? but the result is great!! I need to try this..