Saturday, October 10, 2009

Carol Ann Sherman



Yesterday was Citrus Watercolor Club -- and our guest demonstrater was Carol Ann Sherman.
She does the most amazing things with Yupo! I've only done Yupo once, and decided that it definitely is NOT for me! But, after watching her, I'm actually considering trying it again. I wish I could have gone to her workshop this weekend, but just couldn't.
In her demo, the first thing that she does is cover the entire sheet (on top of her detailed drawing) with color! Just slaps it on! Then makes texture with sponges, paper napkins and even toilet paper! How freeing to not be intimidated by all that white space! I must try this! She then starts picking up colors in the painting, puting it on top of all that other color - and sometimes pulling the color off. She is amazing! And hilarious! We had a great time! Below are a couple of paintings that she brought with her. Enjoy!









1 comment:

Barbra Joan said...

Sounds like you had a great time, I've never tried Yupo, I have painted on Hot Pressed paper, and smooth Bristol the paint kind of lays on top,, I liked it.