Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tulips, Squared

12" x 16" Watercolor
On Sunday, Sept. 20, Ruth Bodycott showcased this technique on her blog. What a great idea! Since I used to be a quilter (I even owned my own Quilt Shop!), it immediately spoke to me. Had to try it! So, in my Monday painting class, a few of us gave it a go. Even though the squares look a little "blotchy" (it really does look better in person!), I'm loving it. Maybe enough to try to do a little series .......... well, we'll see! Thanks, Ruth!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Nancy, how quickly you responded to this idea. I knew the quilting background would be part of your w/c background. This looks great. Looking forward to your "series". Check my blog for a different one. Ruth

Ruth said...

AND, the splotchy places are all part of it, too. There's no right or wrong. Whatever happens, happens and that's what makes it so unique and fun. R...

Barbra Joan said...

Really like this technique , when I saw it on her blog I thought I'd give it a try.. while I was thinking about it ...you did it!! Looks really good..