Sunday, November 2, 2008

Waiting on the River

9" x 12" Watercolor

I had a fun weekend! Donna and I went to the Market of Marion (huge flea market!) on Saturday, then then to "Art in the Park" at Rainbow Springs Park. I was talking to one of the members of the Citrus Watercolor Club about Plein Air Painting, and decided that I will go to their next paint out this month. So, today, I thought I would try my hand at painting outdoors, so I loaded up and went back to the park. Searched all over for something to paint -- finally found a picnic table that overlooks the river, and found these little fellows sitting around. It's my first attempt at this - and not a very good one (I might add). But it was really cool sitting there, feeling the fresh air, listening to the music and trying to capture a likeness of something I was seeing! There will be more of this in my future!

And, I found the coolest website called Uncommon Goods! Fun and interesting gift ideas -- Check it out!


1 comment:

Ivo Serenthà said...

Greetings from Italy, good luck

Hello Marlow