Friday, March 7, 2008

Dreary Day

"Tiger Lily"
6" x 6" Watercolor
I guess I was a little premature in thinking that Spring was really here! Today is dark and dreary -- we're supposed to get a lot of rain and other nastiness, so I'm spending the day holed up and painting, knitting and reading!
I found this great website in one of my magazines! This guy has found letters hidden in butterfly wings -- and he's made a whole alphabet. You can go here, and even send an email card for free, using the butterfly alphabet. It's really cool!
I'm in a flower phase - I copied the flower in the painting above from some fabric that I have. I like it, so now I'm searching in all my fabric to find more inspiration there! Baby steps. I'm going to a new watercolor class next week. Looking forward to learning more!


No comments: