Monday, July 18, 2016

Down Another Rabbit Hole!


I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I just haven't been inspired to paint lately.  Of course, once I get started watching YouTube videos, I just have to do something! 

Several years ago, I got on the alcohol ink train -- but I was only working on dominoes, and that faded quickly for me.  But now!  Dreamscapes and flowers on tile!  Set fire to it!  Other wonderful ideas for Yupo!

I ordered a new book -  "Pigments of Your Imagination" by Cathy Taylor.  I haven't gotten it yet, but she shows how to use alcohol ink on various substrates.  So, I went on YouTube!  After spending a little money on Amazon, I think I have everything I need.

This is my first tile "Dreamscape", and I think I am in Love!  More Later!



2 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

oooo pretty...I thought alcohol ink was fugitive... but it is very pretty.

Joyfulartist said...

I worked with it for a short time and decided it was not for me so I sold everything to another artist who wanted to try it. Then I discovered it was great on deli paper which then can be used in collage. I bought a 3 bottle set but I haven't used it on the deli paper yet.
It is fun so enjoy it!