Monday, August 10, 2015

Artist Appreciation Month



I received a wonderful email the other day, from Marietta Gregg - she is the Marketing Director at Patience Brewster (and also Patience's daughter).  She made some very nice comments about my artwork, and asked me to blog about the artist(s) that have inspired me, since this is Artist Appreciation Month - which I did not know!

So, in order to do that, I have to go back to the beginning, which was about 8 years ago this fall.  I was retired, and really wanted to learn to paint.  I had done some things on my own, and with videos, but really needed some one-on-one instruction, so I headed to my local art supply store.  There, I found Carlynne Hershberger!  She and her friend, Kelli Money-Huff, offered a weekly workshop, for artists of all mediums.  I was in Heaven!

Below are just two of the many paintings that Carlynne helped me with, back when I was working in oil.  Later, she and Kelli helped me transition into watercolor, and later, she gave me a private class on acrylics!  I have always admired her work, and even though I no longer live in Florida, I follow her on Facebook to see what she is up to!  

I hope you will go to her blog, or her Etsy shop and see what this incredible artist (and friend) is involved with.  Carlynne, I thank you for sharing your amazing talent with me!








3 comments:

Robin Westbrook said...

Carlynne is an outstanding artist. She is a real painter. I am a dauber but she inspires me to be a better dauber and love doing it. Her complex and multi-layered personality is transferred to her work. She and I spare the kind of life experiences that enhance talent. I write and I often see, in her paintings, what I try to convey in my essays and poems. She is a great role model.

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

What a nice surprise Nancy! Thanks for all the kind words. I've missed having you in class. Wanted to share with you the new blog and website....
http://carlynnehershberger.blogspot.com/
http://carlynnehershberger.com/home.php

By the way.... LOVING your new encaustic collage work!! I'll look for them next time I'm in Mt. Dora.
Thanks again Nancy :D

Autumn Leaves said...

How awesome, Nancy!