Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dogwood Spring

7" x 11" Watercolor
The dogwood trees are all in full bloom right now! My friend, Patsy, has one in her yard that is simply stunning! I must get over there and take a photo of it soon! Anyway, that's what inspired me to paint this little Tufted Titmouse sitting on a dogwood branch. We have a lot of these little guys in my yard. They're so funny - they hang out in the bushes close to the pool enclosure, and my kitties go crazy! Ahhh - Spring feels so good!

2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

I know the dogwoods are blooming here too.. you've done a good job on the painting, love the bird...
Hopefully we might get to see each other one of these days..bj

Autumn Leaves said...

Please do share, Nancy. It isn't feeling very spring-like here yet. Still in the high 20's to high 30's with an occasional break through of a higher temp day. Some flurries this past weekend and much rain. Love this cheerful little tweeter on that gorgeous flowering branch.