Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home Before Dark

12" x 16" Watercolor

This was a fun challenge that Pat gave us at the end of class last week. She gave us a black & white photo of a sunset, and told us to interpret it. I was having trouble with the water, and took it to Marilee's class yesterday, and she had me take it to the sink and let the water flow over the lower half! I about croaked! But, it worked -- it got me back to the lighter parts of the water, so I could have a do-over! Now I like it!

Other exciting news - I was asked to put some of my work in a small gallery in Dade City, FL! I'll be taking some things down in the next few weeks. It's a brand new gallery in the historic downtown area, and I'm excited to see it. It'll be interesting to see if anything sells!


4 comments:

Mary Paquet said...

Nancy, awesome news on getting into a gallery! Keep us up to date on how that goes. Sounds like a terrific location.

I really like this piece and your teacher is very creative to give you the black and white photo to work from -- your creativity really shines through here!

Sheila Estep said...

The colors are so nice, you did a great job.

Barbra Joan said...

Nancy, just do it! (the Etsy) Why Not.

Lori said...

Your painting is completely lovely. It takes me to that place and makes me want to be in that boat watching the sunset.
Congratulations on the gallery!!!