Saturday, January 31, 2009

Morning on the River

9" x 12" Watercolor

It's finally the last day of January! I have always dreaded the month of January -- it seems that it's 2 months long. Up north, the weather in January is always cold, icy and miserable. I thought that by moving to Florida that would change -- but, no. January here is just as miserable. OK, so it's not so cold, but cold to me now means lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's. It still is unbearable for me!!

They say that when you live in the South, your blood thins and you get colder quicker -- I thought that was just silly until it happened to me! Anyway, February will still be colder than I would like, but it's a short month -- and then it's March! That's when Spring begins here, and I come out of my shell! I'm just marking time till then!


1 comment:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Love your painting... looking forward to March too... I'm a Southern girl, born and raised and I HATE being cold :-)