Saturday, October 11, 2008

Workshop Woes!



This is the first workshop I've ever attended, and it is Intense!!! Two full days of watching demos and painting! It's so cool to watch a well-known artist do her stuff -- and equally as humiliating to try to imitate! I am probably the "baby" of the group in terms of experience, so that alone is kind of intimidating (let's just say that nothing of mine was in "Show & Tell" today) - but I'm trying to stay open and learn whatever I can.



This is one of the practice pieces of roses. Janet Rogers actually painted the rose in the top right for me, and I tried to paint the others. She did tell me that it took her 10 years to master this! So, of course, I think I should master it today! More fun and games tomorrow - Portraits! Hope I can manage that! Stay tuned!

No comments: