Friday, May 9, 2008

What a Wonderful Day!

The Citrus Watercolor Club had a luncheon today, to install new officers. It was a wonderful experience for me - I'm really new to the club, and don't really know many members yet - but my newest instructor just happens to be the out-going President, so she made sure to sit me with all of her other students. Fun afternoon - wonderful new friends! The best part was the demonstration by Tom Jones! What a terrific artist! I'm scheduled to take his workshop in November, so I got a taste of what it would be like -- I can't wait!

Below is the painting he did in his demonstration - in 1-1/2 hours. Absolutely breathtaking!




Then, when I got home -- these incredible flowers were waiting for me for Mother's Day - sent from Kansas City from my wonderful daughter and my terrific son! I don't know if the photo captures just how gorgeous they are! A huge tropical arrangement with Birds of Paradise and other very colorful flowers! What a beautiful ending to a Wonderful Day! Thank you, kids!






No comments: