Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

9" x 12" Watercolor

What a fun day I had today! Both of my children called to wish me a Happy Birthday early, then Donna and I went to painting class. Donna, being a terrific mother of 5, surprised me with: Balloons, Presents, my own personal Birthday Cake and even Goody Bags for all our friends in class! Talk about your PTA President! She also came back from a 2 week trip with some magnificant photos that we can hopefully turn into paintings!

My kids had given me gift cards from Michael's, so I got some stuff to start painting with oils again. I've been having the itch to play with oils, so the timing couldn't have been better. Last year on this day, I met the woman who would (a week later) teach me that it WAS POSSIBLE for me to paint! So, I've been on this journey for 1 year. I feel that I have improved this year, so there's every chance that I'll be doing even better next year! And, next year, I finally get paid for being old! Can't wait!


No comments: